APTA-Mississippi is pleased to offer a job board for physical therapy practices searching for providers, and for providers searching for job opportunities. The following list are job opportunities open in Mississippi at this time:
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant – Canton
Nexus Therapy Management is looking for a Physical Therapy Assistant for a skilled nursing facility in Canton.
Physical therapist assistants typically do the following:
- Observe patients before, during, and after therapy, noting their status and reporting to a physical therapist
- Help patients do specific exercises as part of the plan of care
- Use a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching, to treat patients
- Use devices and equipment, such as walkers, to help patients
- Educate a patient and family members about what to do after treatment
Contact Alexis Boutwell at 228-244-9986 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Physical Therapist/ Rehab Supervisor – Eupora
Where: NMMC- Eupora
City: Eupora, MS
Employment Type: Full Time
North Mississippi Health Services is dedicated to being the provider of the best patient- and family-centered care. NMHS connects patients and their families with convenient access to care that is cost efficient and of the highest quality. NMHS provides acute, diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency services, with the sole trauma center (Level 2) in our service area, through North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. The health care system also includes community hospital locations in Amory, Eupora, Iuka, Pontotoc and West Point, Miss., and Hamilton Ala., a regional network of more than 45 primary and specialty clinics; nursing homes and telehealth services
NMHS serves 24 counties in north Mississippi and northwest Alabama from headquarters in Tupelo, Miss. NMHS is a 2012 recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and NMMC, its flagship hospital, is a 2006 Baldrige Award recipient.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Must hold a current Mississippi License
- Must be certified in CPR
- Previous supervisor experience required
- Must demonstrate competency in assessment and treatment of the following areas where applicable: Neonates/Infants, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics
Physical Therapist – Gautier
QuadMed is looking for a part-time as needed Physical Therapist for the Gautier, MS outpatient location.
If interested, please email Amanda at: email@example.com or apply here: https://www.bequad.com/job/gautier/physical-therapist-prn-as-needed/11056/23767856432
The PRN (part-time as needed) Physical Therapist works within an outpatient clinical setting with emphasis on high quality and cost-effective provision of health care. Completes thorough and evidence-based evaluation, assessment, and care planning for patients with orthopedic, neurologic, cardiac, integumentary or other diseases or injuries that negatively impact mobility, function, work, school, recreational activities, or other activities of daily living. Completes all plans of care, assesses routinely for progress, and refers to appropriate health care provider as clinically indicated. Functions to full capacity as independent clinician as allowed by state practice act and personal scope of practice, up to and including utilization of direct access in states where it is allowed by law. Must be able to effectively and legally care for patients with all types of diseases and/or injuries sustained in any manner as long as the same fit into a Physical Therapist’s scope of practice.
*This position is PRN/as-needed for coverage in the Gautier, MS clinic.
- Evaluates and treats patients.
- Appropriately interfaces with patient’s MD regarding care and progress, refers to appropriate provider as required by law in cases of direct access.
- Establishes a plan of care and implements individualized treatment based on evaluation results and functional goals. Adjusts the treatment plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and provides updates to other providers involved in the patient’s care.
- Counsels and educates patients with respect to injury, illnesses, treatments, procedures and wellness issues.
- Plans for and completes patient discharge planning including home program design, patient/family teaching, referral to other provider, and ordering equipment.
- Completes all required documentation following department policy and minimum standards.
- Completes accurate and compliant billing in a timely manner using Physical Therapy CPT codes, including billing to third parties such as private health insurance companies and CMS. Ensures billing and documentation will maximize reimbursement.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderly working environment, including cleaning up after patient treatment, putting away equipment.
- Keeps current certification and license requirements, including CPR, AED and continuing education for license renewal.
- Follows clinic and department policies and procedures as appropriate, including safety and confidentiality standards.
- Prepares necessary requisitions for ordering and maintaining rehab supplies and equipment.
- Oversee students and interns.
- Prepares required monthly and annual reports.
- Participates in the training and skills development of new personnel when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university or college; Doctorate in Physical Therapy preferred
- Minimum one year of experience; minimum 3 years in an orthopedic clinic setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State licensure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of organizational skills, appropriate decision-making, and problem-solving skills
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Sign On Bonuses Available
Currently hiring Full-Time Physical Therapists to provide patient centered physical therapy in our long-term care facilities in Jackson, Ruleville, and McComb, MS.
This physical therapy position offers a very competitive hourly wage for the region commensurate with experience. We also offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, HSA, life insurance, AD&D, a 401 (k) plan, generous paid time off (PTO), optional short-term/long-term disability, flex benefit plans, a student loan relief program, and a continuing education/licensure allowance. We also offer mentoring if desired.
A DAY IN THE LIFE A PHYSICAL THERAPIST
As a Physical Therapist at a long-term care facility, you use your knowledge specific to adult and geriatric to plan and deliver the best individualized care for each patient whether challenged with orthopedic issues, neurological diseases, or complex medical conditions. You conduct patient evaluations and take the time to really understand their complaints and goals as you work on their individual treatment plans. You also provide excellent leadership for assistants. And, your collaborative skills come into play as you play an active role on each patient’s interdisciplinary team. Using your good communication skills, you also take the time to thoroughly educate caregivers at the skilled nursing facility on how to assist patients with their individualized maintenance programs.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher from an accredited physical therapy program
- Current physical therapy license
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations as they pertain to long-term care, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation facilities
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR LONG-TERM CARE REHABILITATION TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for one of these Physical Therapy positions, please click on a link below to fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Physical Therapist – Ridgeland
Where: Laskin Thereapy Group
City: Ridgeland, MS
Employment Type: Full or Part Time
Laskin Therapy Group is a multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified pediatric speech/language, occupational, and physical therapists. Our mission is to have an unprecedented level of service to our clients and their families in a relaxed, caring, environment. We are currently seeking full- and part-time Physical Therapists to work with our widely diverse caseload of children.
PTs at Laskin Therapy Group are responsible for:
- Physical Therapy, Evaluations, and Screenings.
- In-service training
- Planning and documentation of services
- Possible student supervision
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Respect for deadlines
- Communication/collaboration with families and other health-care professionals
To be considered for a position at Laskin Therapy Group, the PT must be Board Certified by the Mississippi State Board of Physical Therapy.
In addition to competitive salaries*, our full-time employees are able to take advantage of a generous benefit package. Part-time employees** can qualify for partial benefits based on the number of hours worked. All therapists can enjoy flexible hours, a family-friendly culture, support in the pursuit of special interests, and a great work family. Working with us a place
Work at Laskin Therapy Group takes place mainly in our clinic at 207 West Jackson Street in Ridgeland, 39157. However, at times, we work off site in a variety of settings, such as schools and daycare centers.
*For full time (based on a 40-hour week), salaries start at $60,000 and increase depending on pediatric experience and skill set.
**Part-time wages are hourly starting at $30 per hour with increase depending on pediatric experience and skill set.